My front covr was not influenced on a artist its just based on loads of differen designed from Match of the day magazine which is a well known football magazine all over the world. Ive been buying them since they came out over two years ago and over the years they have had loads of different attractive designs and some of them looked really good, and we was told to make a magazine front cover and double page, so I thought I would use match of the day magazine for Ideas. The things I have gained from looking at match of the day magazine is that you can mix and match any picture or text and make them both go together and give off a really good effect. AlsoI have learnt to use really bright colours to catch the attention of the public because they always use bright colours and thats why its the most popular selling football magazine in the world.
With the front cover I have experimented with 3-4 different designs to see which one looked the best and which one looked the most professional and the reason I did three was because I wanted to give myself an option and by giving myself an option meant I had a wider choice of design. Each design had a different layout on it with different drawings/text and this also gave me chance to play around to see which text and pictures would go together. The risks I took with the front cover was to make the design simple but effective and by this I mean just a couple of main eye catching pints on there to draw people in to look at the magazine and also a little text so no one spends ages reading the cover because when you have to read the cover for ages you get put off reading the magazine because you get bored. I developed my ideas by drawing, I drew a few different designs then looked for the best one and then developed that more and to develope that more I designed the characters in more detail and also I tried to design a few different types of text and then choose one and used it. The limits I had with the process I used is, I could only use solid colours. But if I used Achrilic and watercolours I could have mixed the colours and got different tones to get a really good effect. Another limit was I had to stay within the Barcelona and Real Madid boundry cause my magazine was about them. So I couldnt go using other subjects in my design. Also with drawing and scanning in there is only so much so much you can do because its the same process over and over, so I cant tr new designs using like watercolours because it wont show up well on the scanner.
I refined the double pages spread over a long period of time because I had to try and get the best design I could and make it look the best. The parts that had to be refined was the amount of text I had because at the start I had so much facts and there was hardly no room for all the facts aswel as the picture in the middle. The way I made it all fit on the two pages was I made the text a bit smaller but to actually cut down on the amount of text I took away the facts no one would really be interested in like how the teams were founded and all the past managers. The bits on the double page that needed work on was just the genral layout of the double page spread because I wanted to get the same set out on both pages with the facts and the way I did this was I designed one page with all the facts/text and then used that as a template for the other page and that way I got a even well layed out style on both sides of the paper.
My final cover and double page has a good link with the magazines I looked at because I used the design they did which was spliting two things into and then putting them together to make one complete thing like on mine there was two halfs of a face put together to make one face that gives off a good effect, also the other link is they both are about football so I could take the ideas from the magazine and make them my own so thing kind of helped me get a head start of mking the cover and pages. The things that went well was, I managed to get my idea very early, so it gave me chance to experiment more with all the different designs I could come up with, so I was able to get thebest design and layout I could. Another thing that went well was I like football a lot so I kind of know what could wotk and what wouldnt work when put together and because I know this meant, I could come up with my best ideas that I thought I could try and do like, Barcelona and Real Madrid or Liverpool vs Everton these two work because they are two teams that are rivals and hate each other because they both want to be they both are in the same place and both want to be better than one and other. So there would be a lot to work with if I choose one of these two subjects. The struggles I had was working out what to put on the cover and pages because with the cover I wanted a picture of Messi and Ronaldo but the two problems with this is if people who dont like football looked at the cover they wouldnt know who they were and also they wouldnt think the magazine was about the club they would think it was about the two players instead of the two clubs. The other problem was I could not draw Messi or Ronalo that well so no one would know who the players were even if they liked football or not. Another struggle was working out what would go on the cover because the first design it looked well untill I tried to make it, it didnt all fit on the page, so I had tochange the design again. The thing I would change would be, the text I put on the double page because its very simple with just the text it would be better if I had some interesting facts about the players that no one has heard before because with the facts about the players people already know they just get boring and also with all the hounors people should already know these so its just reading the same thing over and over for people that have already heard of these. The two faced person in the middle of the cover and the badge in the middle of the double page has been influenced by match of the day magazine because this was the first place I saw this idea of splitting something in half and then putting them together to make one person/thing. I really like this idea because I think it gives off a really good effect and its unusual so it draws people in more and makes them want to get this magazine because of the apperance of it, and this gives a good first impression to anyone looking at a magazine to get their mind thinking this magazine is very well layed out so it must be good.


No comments:
Post a Comment